Dr Cleo Varianou-Mikellidou, PhD, Research Fellow has BSc in Physics (University of Ioannina), MSc in Safety, Health and Environment (Salford University), PhD in Occupational Safety & Health at European University Cyprus. Her research interests focus on the risks from age-related changes and the application of the occupational health and safety management systems. Cleo has worked as a Health and Safety Consultant for six years. She has extensive experience in training, advising and consulting companies on how to maintain a safe working environment applying risk assessments, how to adhere to Health and Safety legislation, and how to gain certification according to the International standards ISO 9001, ISO 45001, EMAS, and ISO 14001. Cleo has experience in risk assessment and is a licensed risk assessor from the Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance. She has also been involved in European projects such as:
- OIRA (Online Interactive Risk Assessment) for education sector in collaboration with the Cyprus Safety & Health Association and Ministry of Labour and Social Insurance. This tool aims to help identify and assess the risks to which students and teachers are exposed in the educational establishments. Questions were grouped by subject and provide advice for improvement.
- H2020 – EU CIRCLE: a pan European framework for strengthening Critical Infrastructure resilience to Climate Change.
- DG Echo – ALTER: Alliance for Disaster Risk Reduction (increase resilience in areas of Armenia that face floods risks originating in earthquakes.
- Asylum, Migration and Integration Fund- AMIF: Migrants training on Health & Safety
- AQ-SERVE Air quality services for a cleaner air in Cyprus