MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships at CERIDES – EUC
CERIDES welcomes postdoctoral researchers for skills enhancement and career development.
The Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA – PF) 2022 Call, is expected to open in mid-May 2022, and its foreseen Deadline is on 14 September 2022. Proactively, and to allow for a competitive and holistic preparation of Proposals, CERIDES of EUC already welcomes the expressions of interest from postdoctoral researchers pursuing their next career-development move.
Marie Skłodowska-Curie Postdoctoral Fellowships (MSCA – PF) fund postdoctoral researchers through a “triple-i” dimension approach to enhancing scientific and technical skills, as well as overall advancing and developing their career. As such, Applicant Fellows, and their Hosts/ Supervisors, are strongly encouraged to develop projects of enhanced interdisciplinary – intersectoral – international dimensions.
The Vision of CERIDES is to become the leading Mediterranean institution of research and applied activities and praxis, in the domains of Occupational Safety & Health, Disaster and Emergency Management, and Safety & Security, and to foster long-term international collaborations leading to safer and more secure societies in the region. CERIDES’ Mission is to inspire, develop, and enhance the safety, security and resilience of societies, by conducting world-class research activities and by developing innovative processes, tools and services in the domains of Occupational Safety & Health, Disaster and Emergency Management, and Safety & Security, through holistic quintuple-helixed approaches that will be scientifically and academically sound, supportive to governance, promoting industry-innovation-entrepreneurship, civically and societally responsible, and environmentally conscious. As such, Postdoctoral Fellows applying to MSCA-PF with CERIDES, will have opportunities for excellence research, conducted meaningfully and impactfully not only to their careers, but also to the society and the environment.
Brief Application Specifications as per Horizon Europe MSCA Call:
- Call: MSCA Postdoctoral Fellowships 2022 (HORIZON-MSCA-2022-PF-01), to be found on the “Funding & Tenders Opportunities” portal of the EU.
- Forthcoming Opening: 13 April 2022 | Foreseen Deadline: 14 September 2022.
- Applicants must comply with MSCA-PF Experience Rules; applicants should have a PhD degree at the time of Deadline, and must have a maximum of eight years of experience in research, from the date of their PhD.
- Applicants with CERIDES also must comply with MSCA-PF Mobility Rules; applicants must not have resided or carried out their main activity (work, studies, etc.) for more than 12 months in the 36 months immediately before the call deadline: in Cyprus (for European Postdoctoral Fellowships – EF), or the country of the Outgoing Phase’s Host (only in the case of Global Postdoctoral Fellowships – GF).
- EF-projects with CERIDES will take place in Cyprus, and can have a duration of 12 to 24 months. Researchers of any nationality may apply to this.
- GF-projects with CERIDES may last 2 to 3 years, of which the first 12 to 24 months of Outgoing Phase in a non-associated Third Country “abroad of Europe”, and then have a mandatory Return Phase of 1 year in Cyprus. Only EU-Member-States or HEU-Associated-Countries nationals/ long-term-residents may apply to this.
- Both EF and GF projects with CERIDES may include a secondment of up to 3 or 6 months in another organisation in Europe. Further to this, after the end of the Fellowship, and to strengthen the intersectoral dimension, Fellows may carry out a non-academic placement of up to 6 months in a Member State or Associated Country.
Applying for MSCA-PF with CERIDES:
- Until 3rd of June 2022: contacting CERIDES to discuss potential collaboration with a Supervisor, and decide on possible subject and approach.
- Until 5th of August 2022: proposal drafting and revisions.
- Week of 5 to 9 September 2022: fine-tuning and final version for submission.
Point-of-Contact: CERIDES Research-&-Strategy Manager, Mr. Pierantonios Papazoglou, may be contacted for information and clarifications, and for expressing interest to engage a Supervisor from CERIDES. Please contact at: firstname.lastname@example.org, by accompanying also with a CV and a short Abstract (max. 2000 characters including spaces) of your proposition. Approaches without a CV and Abstract will not be considered.