- PhD. University of Texas at Austin, Mathematics Education, 2000
- M.Sc. University of Texas at Austin, Operations Research and Industrial Engineering, 1998
- M.Sc. University of Texas at Austin, Statistics, 1994
- M.A. Open University UK, Online and Distance Education, 2008
- B.A. University of Texas at Austin, Mathematics, 1993
- Teacher Certification Cyprus Pedagogical Academy, Primary Education, 1990
ICT-enhanced learning, game-based learning, mobile learning, VR/AR/MR in education, pedagogical frameworks and tools for distance education, mathematics and statistics education, STEM/STEAM education, systemic reform in STEM/STEAM education, pre-service and in-service teacher training, parent education, quality indicators for evaluating educational effectiveness.